The Derwent Valley Line is easy to get to from throughout the UK with good train connections at Derby and Nottingham.
From London and the East Midlands
EMR operate both mainline services to London and local rail services in the East Midlands.
Mainline services between, London St Pancras, Leicester, Derby and Sheffield typically serve Derby twice each hour with a call at Long Eaton every hour. Journey time from London via Derby is typically 2 hours to Belper and 2 hours 30 minutes to Matlock.
Many of EMR’s local and community rail services across the East Midlands also serve Derby or Nottingham including the North Staffordshire Line from Crewe to Derby and Nottingham, Poacher Line from Skegness to Nottingham and the Robin Hood Line from Worksop to Nottingham.EMR Community Lines
From throughout the UK
CrossCountry operate direct services to Derby trains from many parts of the UK including Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle. Some of these services also call at Spondon, Long Eaton, Attenborough, Beeston and Nottingham.
National Rail Enquiries
National Rail Enquiries is the definitive source for all passenger rail services on the National Rail network in England, Scotland and Wales.
Eurostar services arrive from Europe into London St. Pancras, providing an easy change of train to EMR services to Derby. Travel to London St. Pancras is just 2 hours from Brussels, 2 hours 30 minutes from Paris and 4 hours from Amsterdam.
- East Midlands Airport is just a short bus ride from Long Eaton, Derby and Nottingham Stations using Skylink bus services, which run 24/7.
- Luton Airport is served by EMR services to Luton Airport Parkway station, from where there is a frequent shuttle bus to the airport terminal.
- Birmingham International is easy with CrossCountry Trains from Derby to Birmingham New Street, from where Birmingham International is just 10 minutes by train. From the station, you can jump on the free and frequent ‘Air-Rail link’, which will get you to the airport terminal in just two minutes.
- Stansted Airport is served by CrossCountry Trains, with direct services from Leicester. From Stansted Airport station, the airport terminal is only 2 minutes on foot.
- London Gatwick is served by Thameslink services direct from London St Pancras.
- London Heathrow can be accessed from London St. Pancras via London Underground to London Paddington station for Heathrow Express services.
- For train services to other airports please use National Rail Enquiries